Leading Platform for Hosting, Distributing and Monetizing Podcasts Launches Original, High-Quality Audio Content Lineup for Listeners
NEW YORK – June 13, 2017 – AudioBoom, a global podcasting platform that consolidates the business of on-demand audio, today launched a new lineup of original, on-demand audio content. Now, in addition to hosting, distributing and monetizing content, audioBoom will debut five new podcasts, including Very Bad Words, which premiers on June 14, 2017. Today’s launch marks the company’s first wave of original podcasts featuring a mix of shows in the following categories: Arts, Comedy, News & Politics, and Society & Culture. This growing network will also provide greater advertising options for audioBoom’s brand partners.
“We are thrilled to open our New York recording studio and officially announce audioBoom’s lineup of original podcasts produced in-house,” said Stuart Last, COO at audioBoom. “We are working closely with our podcast partners to create the type of diverse audio content that people want to engage with – fun, concept-driven shows; shows that feature undiscovered podcast talent, and topical shows that explore our world today.”
Current and upcoming original audioBoom podcasts include:
· The 45th (premiered February 26, 2017): A weekly dissection of the policy and spectacle of the Trump Administration from the unique perspective of three female legal professionals, two of whom are Muslim. Rabia Chaudry (former public advocate for Serial’s Adnan Syed and host of the popular social justice podcast, Undisclosed), Susan Simpson and Sarah Basha co-host the show. Since its debut, the show has garnered nearly 200 million listens.
· Very Bad Words (premiering June 14, 2017): Is cursing good for your health? Can you use profanity in Scrabble? Radio producer Matt Fidler (WNYC) will answer these questions and others as he travels the country exploring the complexities and contradictions, origins and cultural implications of swearing and taboo language.
· Inbox (scheduled for July 2017): UCB Theatre-trained comedians Nicole Drespel and Matt Stroup invite celebrity guests to the show, then riff on the emails they find in the guest’s inbox. Nicole is an actor-writer-teacher at UCB and has written for Netflix original, Wet Hot American Summer and The Chris Gerthard Show. Matt is a writer for NBC Sports and Rotoworld.
· Mission To Zyxx (scheduled for September 2017): Producers/comedians Alden Ford, Seth Lind and Jeremy Bent play an unlikely trio exploring the far reaches of the galaxy in this audio fiction, improvisational comedy show. Mission To Zyxx uses an interview format akin to Comedy Bang! Bang! or Hello From the Magic Tavern, where improv talents from the stage and screen are invited to discuss the lifestyle, customs, politics and eccentricities of the alien planets their characters represent.
· FORK (scheduled for September 2017): Filmmaker and podcast creator Payne Lindsey (Up and Vanished, Sworn) steps outside the true crime genre with a new show hosted by his wife Cassie House. FORK introduces listeners to people who have come to a crossroads, revisiting the circumstances and choices that changed their lives.
Said Last: “Developing original content with the producers of top podcasts such as Undisclosed and Up and Vanished allows us to exercise our creative license and introduce a powerful and entertaining lineup for both the avid podcast listener and people who are interested but haven’t yet engaged with podcasts. We’re looking forward to rolling out new shows that have something for everyone.”
More than 60 million listeners each month download audioBoom podcasts related to business, comedy, entertainment, health, music commentary, news and politics, society and culture, sports, and technology. The 45th, Very Bad Words, Inbox, Mission To Zyxx and FORK join popular shows hosted on the audioBoom platform, including Undisclosed, Up and Vanished, No Such Thing As A Fish and Astonishing Legends. Additional original shows will be added to the lineup throughout the year.
AudioBoom is a global podcasting platform that consolidates the business of on-demand audio, making content accessible, wide-reaching and profitable for podcasters, advertisers and brands. AudioBoom addresses the issue of disparate podcast services by putting all of the pieces of the puzzle together under one umbrella, creating a user-friendly, economical experience. AudioBoom is rolling out an original content network, featuring an eclectic mix of high-quality and celebrity-driven podcasts.
AudioBoom hosts nearly 2,800 active channels, with key ones including the Associated Press, NBC Sports, Univision, celebrities such as Russell Brand, and more. Top podcasts include Undisclosed, Up and Vanished, No Such Thing As A Fish and Astonishing Legends. AudioBoom receives over 60 million listens per month and has over 16.5 million users in the U.S. alone. In the U.S., audioBoom is the only end-to-end podcasting platform that also operates internationally, with offices across Europe, Asia, Australia and Latin America.
For more information for podcasters, advertisers and listeners, visit audioboom.